Dental Assisting Campaign
The dental assisting campaign was initiated by Dental Practice and Benefits Committee in response to the dental assisting shortage challenges facing many MDS members. This multi-faceted campaign aims to spread awareness and engage key audiences to attract talent. The campaign includes a dedicated website, email marketing, online advertising, in-person presentations, promotional materials, and more. The goal is to garner interest in the position and steer people to the field of dentistry.The campaign kicked off by sending custom letters to high school guidance counselors across the state highlighting the benefits of the dental assisting role and directing them to the dedicated website— MassDentalAssisting.org to learn more information. This letter encouraged guidance counselors to contact the MDS if they were interested in having an MDS member attend their career fair or conduct a career presentation on the benefits of joining the dental profession.
Members can support the campaign by:
- Volunteering at a career day at your local high school. View upcoming events and volunteer.
- Sharing the dedicated dental assisting website MassDentalAssisting.org and dental assisting advertisements to your social media channels.
- Using the MDS Career Center to post open positions in your practice, especially dental assisting positions. Note: members always get 50% off job postings, and the MDS Career Center regularly runs additional discount programs.
- Displaying promotional materials about the campaign in your practice.
- Engaging with patients in your dental practice in conversation about the benefits of the dental assisting career path.
Download these materials to get started.
- Social Media Advertising: Ad One, Ad Two, Ad Three. To download the advertisements, right click and choose Save As.
- Slide Presentation
- Table Top Poster