Dental Assisting Campaign
The dental assisting campaign was initiated by Dental Practice and Benefits Committee in response to the dental assisting shortage challenges facing many MDS members. This multi-faceted campaign aims to spread awareness and engage key audiences to attract talent. The campaign includes a dedicated website, email marketing, online advertising, in-person presentations, promotional materials, and more. The goal is to garner interest in the position and steer people to the field of dentistry.Letters were mailed to high school guidance counselors across the state highlighting the benefits of the dental assisting role and directing them to the dedicated website— MassDentalAssisting.org to learn more. As a result of the mail campaign MDS members are invited to attend career fairs at high schools across the state or conduct a career presentation on the benefits of joining the dental profession.
In addition, the MDS Dental Practice and Benefits Committee recognizes that on-the-job (OJT) training in the dental practice office is another method to attract people to the position. To help practice's with OJT the Committee has assembled these tips to get started. The MDS continues to create tools and materials to assist members in recruiting prospective employees into the field.
As a MDS member, you can support the campaign by:
- Volunteering at a local high school's career day. View upcoming events and volunteer.
- Sharing the dedicated dental assisting website MassDentalAssisting.org and dental assisting advertisements to your social media channels.
- Using the MDS Career Center to post open positions in your practice, especially dental assisting positions. Note: members always get 50% off job postings, and the MDS Career Center regularly runs additional discount programs.
- Displaying promotional materials about the campaign in your practice.
- Engaging with patients in your dental practice in conversation about the benefits of the dental assisting career path.
Download these materials to get started spreading the word and help you train staff on the job.
- Social Media Advertising: Ad One, Ad Two, Ad Three. To download the advertisements, right click and choose Save As.
- Slide Presentation
- Table Top Poster
- OJT Training Tips