Leadership and Governance
"We, the members of the Massachusetts Dental Society, declare ourselves a Society to cultivate the science and art of dentistry, and all its collateral branches; to elevate and sustain the professional character of dentists, to promote dental health through all mediums available, and to protect the public interest in dental matters; and have adopted for our government the following Constitution and Bylaws." - MDS Constitution & Bylaws
Run for Office
The MDS House of Delegates elects the following MDS Officer positions:
- Vice President—This position will serve a two-year term and is elected at the House of Delegates every odd year. (This is followed by a two-year term as President and a one-year term as Immediate Past President)
- Secretary—This position will serve a two-year term and is elected at the House of Delegates every odd year.
- Speaker of the House—This position will serve a two-year term and is elected at the House of Delegates every even year.
- Treasurer—This position will serve a two-year term and is elected at the House of Delegates every even year.
If you are interested in applying for these positions, your District must submit the following information in the Candidate Information Packet to the MDS Secretary for your candidacy.
- A completed application
- A District letter of support
- A personal statement explaining why you feel you would be a good candidate for the position
- An updated CV
Candidates running for the position of Vice President will also need a position paper explaining why they feel they are a good candidate for the position and outlining their vision for the future of the MDS.
If you have any interest in running for an MDS officer position, contact Colleen Chase, director, governance and operations.
Board and Executive Management
Learn more about the charges and responsibilities of each Task Force.