Beacon Hill Day
Each year on Beacon Hill Day, Massachusetts Dental Society member dentists and students come together to meet with legislators and advocate on behalf of dental professionals and patients.
As public health officials report more and more presumptive positive COVID-19 cases, Governor Baker has declared a state of emergency to enact preventive measures against further transmission of the coronavirus. Additionally, House Speaker Robert DeLeo has announced that the House is canceling all public events "for the foreseeable future."
In light of these developments and the MDS’s new policy regarding in-person meetings and events, the Beacon Hill Day scheduled for Thursday, April 2, has been canceled.
Beacon Hill Day is a key part of the Society’s advocacy strategy, as dentists and dental students come together to speak with one voice on behalf of the dental profession and patients. As such, the MDS will evaluate virtual advocacy opportunities over the coming days and will communicate that information to all members.
Questions? Please contact MDS Government Affairs Coordinator Marwa Alnaal at 508.449.6042.
Talking Points for Legislation
- Increasing Patient Choice Through Assignment of Benefits: An Act Relative to Increasing Patient Choice Through the Assignment of Benefits
- Preventing Cost Shifting Within the Delivery of Dental Care: An Act Relative to Financial Services Contracts for Dental Benefits Corporations
- Ensuring Dental Plan Transparency: An Act Relative to Transparency of Dental Benefits Corporations
- Midlevel Dental Professionals and a Comprehensive Approach to Improving Oral Health: An Act to Improve Oral Health for All Massachusetts Residents
- Reforming Dental Licensure Exams: An Act Relative to Dental Licensing Exams
- Restoring MassHealth Adult Dental Benefits: An Act Relative to the Restoration of MassHealth Adult Dental Benefits