Join us on June 15 for the MDS webinar Dental Implants. This webinar, presented by Dr. Erin Breen, will discuss implant therapy, a common treatment for the replacement of teeth.
Midlevel Dental Providers
After years of monitoring the issue and months of considering the impact of the policy, the MDS Board of Trustees has voted to oppose the creation of midlevel dental providers in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Dental Practice Insights
To prevent being caught off guard, the ADA suggests asking these critical questions before signing an agreement with an affiliated carrier's clause:
- What fee schedule will be in effect?
- What processing policies will be utilized?
- How will you be notified when your name is leased to another plan?
- Will you have the option to opt out of participation with a specific plan?
Example of how the language may read in the contract:
- The dentist agrees to participate in the Plan and any other plan or program for which [Insurance Company] has agreed to provide access to the Plan.
Instead, opt for language similar to this:
- Before establishing such third-party arrangements, the insurance company must notify the dentist in writing and allow the dentist to opt out before the agreement becomes effective.
Need help? The ADA Contract Analysis Service can provide member dentists with information concerning a proposed unsigned contract, so you can better understand and analyze its terms. The service is free for member dentists who request a review through the Massachusetts Dental Society.
Send your unsigned contract via email to email@example.com include the subject line Contract Review Request.