Careers at the MDS
The Massachusetts Dental Society (MDS) is a professional association dedicated to improving the oral health of the public and the professional development of its membership through initiatives in education, advocacy, and promotion of the highest professional standards. To accomplish these goals, the MDS engages in political advocacy, access to care, various communications—including publications, website, and social networking—and produces an annual dental conference in Boston. The MDS delivers continuing education onsite and throughout the Commonwealth. It also includes a Foundation focused on improving access to care for the underserved in Massachusetts.
Full-time employee benefits include:
- Health and Dental Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- 401(k) Profit-Sharing Plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
About the PositionDo you love the written word? Are multitasking, working with others to create content, and dental topics your passions? Can you find the mistake on this sentence (without using Grammarly)? If you said yes to those questions, you might be our next Publications Manager. This key role oversees all aspects of our award-winning Journal of the Massachusetts Dental Society and other publications and provides an editorial review of all communications vehicles for the Massachusetts Dental Society.
The Massachusetts Dental (MDS) Society is an evolving non-profit organization that works collaboratively to bring initiatives in education, advocacy, and the promotion of the highest professional standards to our 5,000+-member organization. We also champion the benefits of oral health to residents across Massachusetts.
You'll fit in with the team if you can:
- Oversee the production and distribution of MDS publications using extensive project management, editing, and proofreading skills
- Work collaboratively with the Journal Editorial Board, and outside volunteer writing and editorial staff to select appropriate articles and hone the content.
- Coordinate delivery of the digital versions of MDS publications
- Work with MDS communications team to research and write articles as needed for other MDS content and proofread various MDS content
- Collaborate with in-house graphic designers on layout and design of publications
- Generate and maintain budgets for MDS publications
You could be what we are looking for:
We want you on our team if you have 3-5 years of experience managing all aspects of publication production, from editorial to layout and design. Someone who can find edits in this job description, knows the AP Style Manual by heart, and has knowledge of the dental profession will knock our socks off. We’ll know you’re a perfect match if you can work independently or with a team, have strong organizational skills with attention to detail, juggle several projects at once, and display excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.