MA State Laws for Dental Professionals
Board of Registration in Dentistry (BORID)
Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) Act
Electronic Health Records (EHR)
Management of Medical or Biological Waste
Mandated Reporting Requirements
Massachusetts Use Tax
Paid Family and Medical Leave
To comply with the state's new Paid Family Medical Leave (PFML) regulations, all Massachusetts employers in are required to do the following:
1. Posting Requirement
- Employers were required to display a poster describing PFML benefits in a highly visible location by July 1, 2019. The posting must be in English and also any other language that is the primary language of five or more employees.
- The Department of Family and Medical Leave has produced a poster for employers to utilize (13 languages, including English, are available to date).
2. Written Notice
- For current employees: Notice on PFML must be provided by September 30, 2019. The notice may be provided electronically and must include the opportunity for an employee or self-employed individual to acknowledge receipt or decline to acknowledge receipt of the information.
- For future employees: An employer must provide a written notice to all workers within 30 days of the worker’s first day of employment.
- You must obtain a written acknowledgment receipt or decline acknowledgement receipt from each employee. This template allows you to enter your practice information. You can default the percentage information to what is shown in the document.
The MDS also recommends you reach out to your payroll provider and/or accountant to discuss the required payroll deductions related to this regulation. Payroll deductions must begin on October 1, 2019.
For more information, please view these additional resources: