Are you looking to give back to your community through dentistry? The Foundation now offers Ambassador Grants to our members to provide you with financial support in developing a community service program that benefits those in your community.Being a Foundation Ambassador is a rewarding experience with many benefits, such as:
- Strengthening the connection with your community
- Taking on a new challenge
- Meeting new people
- Showing you care
- Improving the lives of those in need of oral care
How It Works
- Decide on your project and submit an application to the Foundation. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- Special consideration will be given to those who develop a program that encompasses multiple areas of support from within their community.
- Your program must be supplemented by members securing matching funds or donating in-kind services. Members must recruit at least one colleague to assist in project implementation.
- If approved, participants would receive a Foundation grant of up to $2,000 to support their program.
- The MDS will provide a toolkit to help members promote their program in their community. The MDS can also provide materials and supplies for certain projects, depending on their availability. Participants must provide the MDS with a video and/or photographs from the event to be used for promotional purposes and to recognize members’ contributions.
As a thank you for participating, the Foundation will recognize your contribution in several ways, including listing your name on our website, recognition in MDS publications, and a certificate to display in your office.
Project Ideas and Tool Kits
To help support and promote the good work you do (and plan to do), the MDS Foundation has created this toolkit of promotional resources and templates. We encourage you to customize these easy-to-use tools to promote your event/program in your community and assist with media outreach efforts.
- Promoting Your Event: Step-by-Step
- Working with the Media/Tips for Selecting a Spokesperson
- Ethics of Temporary Charitable Events
Templates & Sample Forms
- Media Advisory
- Social Media Posts
- Patient Waiver & Photo Release Form
- Sample Invitation Letter to Elected Officials
Oral health educational brochures and promotional giveaways (e.g., toothbrushes, toothbrush timers, etc.) can also be requested by emailing email@example.com.