- Decide on your project and submit an application to the Foundation. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- Special consideration will be given to those who develop a program that encompasses multiple areas of support from within their community.
- Your program must be supplemented by members securing matching funds or donating in-kind services. Members must recruit at least one colleague to assist in project implementation.
- If approved, participants would receive a Foundation grant of up to $2,000 to support their program.
- The MDS will provide a toolkit to help members promote their program in their community. The MDS can also provide materials and supplies for certain projects, depending on their availability. Participants must provide the MDS with a video and/or photographs from the event to be used for promotional purposes and to recognize members’ contributions.
As a thank you for participating, the Foundation will recognize your contribution in several ways, including listing your name on our website, recognition in MDS publications, and a certificate to display in your office.