Access to Care Grants
The MDS Foundation distributes funds in various amounts to applicants located in Massachusetts for projects benefiting citizens of the Commonwealth. Priority is given to proposals that have measurable improvement goals, show strong community support for the project, and are innovative in nature.
Access to Care Grant Application Process
The MDS Foundation Grant Review Committee will evaluate all proposals and make recommendations for funding to the MDS Foundation Board of Directors. Considerations for grant approvals include:
- Originality, creativity, and innovation
- History of, or potential for, continuous program operations
- Community involvement and collaboration, including volunteer support
- Potential impact on the target community or audience
- Established matching funds and/or long-term funding relationships
Grant Application and Required Attachments
- IRS documentation of non-profit, tax-exempt status
- Letters of support from collaborators, co-sponsors, or local District Dental Societies
- Detailed project budget and amount requested, including other financial co-sponsors and the amount of their contributions
- Bio-sketches of key project personnel (do not send resumes or CVs)
- Do not send videos, recordings, PowerPoint presentations, or binders/folders.
- If you require notification that the MDS Foundation received your grant request, please request delivery notification from your mailing service.
- Successful grantees will be required to submit a progress/final report on the status of the project to the MDS Foundation.
Recipients of the MDS Foundation "Expanding Access to Dental Care" Grants are asked to submit a Final Project Report by December 31.
Mailing Instructions and Additional Information
Send one original and one copy of the completed application (proposal and attachments) to:
Mr. Kevin Monteiro
MDS Foundation, Inc.
Two Willow Street
Southborough, MA 01745-1027
Additional information may be requested by the MDS Foundation Grant Committee to fully evaluate the application. The Foundation may share information from any submitted proposal with outside reviewers or other external sources of information about the applicant, the affected community, or the proposed work. By submitting the application, you give permission for the sharing of this information.