Access to Care Grants
The MDS Foundation distributes funds in various amounts to applicants located in Massachusetts for projects benefiting the residents of the Commonwealth. Priority is given to proposals that have measurable improvement goals, show strong community support for the project, and are innovative in nature.The deadline to apply for an Access to Care grant is November 1 each calendar year. A properly completed grant application, including all required documents, must be submitted on or before the deadline date. Funding decisions will be announced in the following January, and funding is for one year only. Multi-year projects must reapply each year.
The MDS Foundation Grant Review Committee evaluates all proposals and makes recommendations for funding to the MDS Foundation Board of Directors. Considerations for grant approvals include:
- Originality, creativity, and innovation
- History of, or potential for, continuous program operations
- Community involvement and collaboration, including volunteer support
- Potential impact on the target community or audience
- Established matching funds and/or long-term funding relationships
Grant Application Requirements
- IRS documentation of non-profit, tax-exempt status
- Letters of support from collaborators, co-sponsors, or local District Dental Societies
- Detailed project budget and amount requested, including other financial co-sponsors and the amount of their contributions
- Bio-sketches of key project personnel (do not send resumes or CVs)
To fully evaluate some applications, additional information may be requested by the MDS Foundation Grant Committee. The Foundation may share information from any submitted proposal with outside reviewers or other external sources of information about the applicant, the affected community, or the proposed work. By submitting the application, you give permission for the sharing of this information. Do not send videos, recordings, PowerPoint presentations, or binders/folders.
Successful grantees will be required to submit a Final Project Report on the status of the project to the MDS Foundation by December 31 of the grant cycle year.
Completed applications (proposal and attachments) should be mailed or emailed by November 1.
Mr. Kevin Monteiro
MDS Foundation, Inc.
Two Willow Street, Suite 200
Southborough, MA 01745-1027
If you require notification that the MDS Foundation received your grant request, please request delivery notification from your mailing service.