ERH Mandate Update
National Cleft and Craniofacial Awareness and Prevention Month
Is Your Office Ready for a Surprise Inspection?
Dental Night was all Right!!
For the over one hundred members of the dental society that took to the seaport district last Friday Night it was an event that they surely will remember for a very long time. The Metropolitan and Boston Districts kicked off the New Dental Year in extravagant fashion at The Envoy Hotel’s rooftop bar – overlooking the city, the venue provided a breathless view of Boston. The bar highlighted handmade craft cocktails and micro brews including a special beer brewed specifically for the Lookout Rooftop Bar, along with small batch bourbons, single malt scotches, and an interesting, carefully selected wine program, fresh juices and mixers and house made sodas. The spacious layout, with a lively mix of bold spaces and clubby nooks, is the perfect place for old and new friends to socialize. The evening couldn’t have been possible without the generous support of Carestream Dental and both the Boston and Metropolitan Districts. There is already talk among the officers to make Dental Night in Boston an annual event.
MDDSociety.org Update: The Online Compliance Checklist
It all started 6 months ago as a high school student’s senior project and with the valuable assistance of the Dental eShare Company, the Metropolitan District Dental Society is proud to introduce the “Online Compliance Checklist.” This digital format from Dental eShare makes it easy for your practice to complete and manage your requirements for compliance. By switching from paper to digital, your practice can create and update your compliance checklist at any time, using any mobile device. The Online Compliance Checklist will help you complete and store information efficiently, edit information quickly and easily, and use the save function to start a new checklist without having to retype the identical information again.
The Online Compliance Checklist is a new tool, designed especially for MDDSociety.org, to help you manage your Massachusetts compliance requirements in an easy to use online format that can also be printed if necessary. The Metropolitan District Dental Society is providing this tool to all its members free of charge as a membership benefit. The Online Compliance Checklist can be accessed on the MDDSociety.org mobile website by clicking the Online Compliance Checklist button on the home page, completing and submitting the necessary information, and in turn receiving a welcoming email with specific instructions. Please note that the Online Compliance Checklist is still in its infancy and any suggestions for improvement will be greatly appreciated.
Enter the 2nd Save the Tooth Contest
The 1st “Save the Tooth” Contest was won by Neponset Valley Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. And YOUR dental office could be the NEXT winner! From now until October 23rd , the dental office that saves the most extracted teeth and donates them to the dental students will WIN a restaurant gift certificate to take the entire dental office out for dinner. Dental students need extracted teeth for their pre-clinical exercises. All first year dental students are required to obtain 24 to 36 human extracted teeth during the school year. If you and your dental office would like to enter the contest please contact email@example.com for further information. Please note that with many dental practices having more than one location that each submission should be from a single dental office location.
Call for Nominations
The Metropolitan District Dental Society
is calling for nominations for the annual Robert L. Burke, DDS Memorial
Volunteer Award for 2016-2017. This recognition award was established in 1999
in Dr. Burke’s honor to recognize outstanding volunteer efforts and
contributions which have been put forth for the betterment of the dental
society. The award is presented annually at a formal district dinner meeting. This
year the 2015 recipient, Dr. Mary DeMello, will be honored at the Wellesley
Country Club on Tuesday September 27th.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would
like further information on the MDDS Dinner Meeting Honoring Dr. DeMello.
The award is given to a dental society
member who is in good standing of the Massachusetts Dental Society, who has
bettered the community within the Metropolitan District. Nominations will be
accepted from the membership and submitted to the district office and then
forwarded to the MDDS Awards Committee. So that the MDDS Awards Committee can properly
evaluate each nomination, nominations must be submitted in writing explaining
why the nominated individual deserves the award. The MDDS Awards Committee is comprised
of four members of the MDDS Executive Committee. The Chair of the district, Dr.
Maryam Shomali, is the Chair of the MDDS Awards Committee. She will choose
three people to be on the committee from the Executive Board. The Chair only
votes in the case of a tie.
Robert L. Burke, DDS Memorial Volunteer Award Recipients
2000 Stephen Stone, DMD
2001 Norman H. Diamond, DMD
2002 Andrea Richman, DMD
2003 Michael S. Swartz, DDS
2004 Michael C. Sheff, DMD
2005 Carl J. Perlmutter, DMD
2006 Edward M. Salamoff, DMD
2007 Joan Qureshi, DMD
2008 James S. Cinamon, DMD
2009 John Horack, DMD
A. Slone, DMD
L. Cardiff, DDS
E. Bullock, DDS
Jeffrey Lowenstein, DMD
District Meetings and Events
The Metropolitan District Dental Society has the following meetings and events scheduled. Reservations are required for each event. Events begin at 6:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted. MasterCard and Visa are accepted online by clicking the registration links below (when available).
- July 25, 2016: MDDSocial "Welcome to Dental School" Rock Bottom, Theatre District, Boston 6 pm to 8 pm.
- August 4, 2016: MDS Board of Trustees Retreat- Babson Executive Conference Center, Wellesley
- August 21, 2016: Tri-District Social Networking Event "Summer Cooldown" The Burren, Davis Square, Somerville 2:30 pm
- September 7, 2016: MDDS Executive Core #2 , 36 Washington St, Wellesley
- September 13, 2016: Norfolk/Parkway Study Club Meeting Sky Restaurant, Norwood
- September 14, 2016: MDS Board of Trustees - MDS Headquarters, Southborough, 8:30 am
- September 16, 2016: MDDSocial - The Envoy Hotel, roof top, Boston
- September 19, 2016: Tufts Dental Wide Open Golf Tournament, Cohasset, MA
- September 21, 2016: MDDS Executive Board #1, Westin Waltham Hotel (8:00 -8:30 pm) *This meeting will take place following the MDS Regional Meeting
- September 27, 2016: MDDS/Charles River Study Club Dinner Meeting Dental Emergencies Wellesley Country Club -Speaker: Dr. Mort Rosenberg (6:00 - 9:00 pm). For details, contact Dr. Lowenstein at 781.444.0223.
- October 14, 2016: Oktoberfest, Harpoon Brewery
- October 20th – 25, 2016: ADA Annual Session/House of Delegates – Denver, CO
- October 27, 2016: MetroWest Study Club Meeting, Ken’s Steak House, Framingham
- November 1, 2016: Norfolk/Parkway Study Club Meeting Sky Restaurant, Norwood
- November 9, 2016: MDDS Executive Board #2, Wellesley Country Club, Waklin Room (6:00 - 9:00 pm). *Contact Dr. Shomali for dinner request
- MDDSocial: Sports Celebrity Speaker at Golden Temple, Brookline ; Date TBA
- November 30, 2016: MDS Board of Trustees - MDS Headquarters, Southborough, 8:30 am
- December 13, 2016: Charles River Study Club - Woodland Country Club
- January 20 MDDSocial: Jacks Abby Brewery, Framingham
- Jan 25 – 29, 2017: Yankee Dental Congress (Exhibits Jan. 26–28)
- February 7, 2017: Norfolk/Parkway Study Club Meeting Sky Restaurant, Norwood
- February 13, 2017 MDDS Executive Board #3, Wellesley Public Library (6:00 - 9:00 pm) *Contact Dr. Steve for dinner request
- Feabruary 15, 2017: MDS Board of Trustees - MDS Headquarters, Southborough, 8:30 am
- March 1, 2017: MDDS Annual Meeting Election Dinner Lecture with Dr. Gerard Kugel & Friends, The Verve Hotel, Natick
- March 12, 2017: MDDSocial Action Kitchen , Seaport Hotel, Boston
- March 12, 2017: MDDSocial Action Kitchen , Seaport Hotel, Boston
- April 4, 2017: MDDS Executive Board #4
- April 5, 2017: MDS Beacon Hill Day
- April 12, 2017: MDS Board of Trustees - MDS Headquarters, Southborough, 8:30 am
- April 25, 2017: Charles River Study Club - Wellesley Country Club
- May 15, 2017: 3rd Annual Ed Salamoff DMD Memorial Golf Tournament at Charter Oak Country Club, Hudson
- June 5, 2017: MDDS Caucus
- June 9, 2017: 152nd MDS House of Delegates – Newton Marriott (8:30 am)