MDDS Cities and Towns
Donate to the MDS Foundation
Help kick-off a membership-wide effort to raise funds for the MDS Foundation.
District Meetings and Events
The Metropolitan District Dental Society has the following meetings and events scheduled. Reservations are required for each event. Events begin at 6:00 p.m. unless otherwise noted. MasterCard and Visa are accepted online by clicking the registration links below (when available).
- Friday, November 20, 2015 - Implant seminar with speaker Dr. Craig Misch (co-presented with the Boston District)
Location: Boston Marriott Newton, 2345 Commonwealth Ave, Newton, MA 02466
CLICK HERE for lecture and registration details.
- Thursday, January 4, 2016 - Social event with Boston District
- Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - All-Day Program - The Concept for Better Smile Design, Interdisciplinary Treatment Planning & Case Acceptance with speaker, Dr. Christian Coachman
Gillette Stadium's Optum Club
Dr. Coachman is the scientific coordinator of the e-learning website www.identalclub.com and works as a consultant for dental companies and offices developing products and implementing concepts and has lectured and published internationally in the fields of esthetic dentistry, dental photography, oral rehabilitation, dental ceramics and implants.
The goal of Dr. Coachman's full-day lecture is to design a smile that fits the patients functional, esthetic and emotional needs by improving the team communication and creating a real interdisciplinary treatment plan. Also increasing case acceptance is paramount by utilizing visual communication, balancing the patient's expectation and increasing motivation. Modern techniques and materials can be useless if the final outcome doesn't achieve the patient esthetic desires. Emphasis will be given to the utilization of digital tools to enhance and facilitate the Dentist/Technician interaction and communication with the patient. The protocol proposed will improve the diagnosis, communication and predictability of esthetic rehabilitations, from simple to complex cases, combining veneers, crowns and implants.
• Creating and effective, complete and attractive interdisciplinary treatment plan and presenting it to the patient.
• Understand the importance of facial analysis, the key for ideal smile design.
• Interdisciplinary communication tools.
• Easy and effective digital photography protocol.
• The role of Mock-ups and Wax-ups to improve the Smile Design process.
• Improving the Dentist/Patient communication.
• Digital tools to improve the Dentist/Technician communication.
- Wednesday, March 2, 2016 - 4:00 p.m. - Annual Election - Infection Control and Pain Management with speaker Dr. Howard Pactovis
Location: The Verve Crowne Plaza Natick, 1360 Worcester St, Natick, MA 01760
- Friday, March 4, 2016 - Practice Management: Dr. Roger Levin (Boston District)
- Thursday, March 24, 2016 - Licensure Renewal Event: Pain Management & Infection Control (Boston District)
- Monday, May 16, 2016 - 2nd Annual Ed Salamoff DMD Memorial Golf Tournament
Location: Charter Oak Country Club, 394 Chestnut St, Hudson, MA 01749
- Monday, June 6, 2016 - District Caucus
- Friday, June 10, 2016 - MDS Annual House of Delegates - Burlington Marriott Hotel
Executive Board Meetings
- Thursday, November 5, 2015 - Brio Tuscan Grille,
Chestnut Hill 6:00 p.m
- Thursday, February 4, 2016
- Thursday, April 7, 2016
District Leadership (June 2014 - June 2015)
Charles River Study Club (Dover, Needham, Newton, Wellesley, and Westwood)
President - Katherine Klein, DMD
Secretary/Treasurer - Steven Levine, DMD
Trustee - Robert Javer, DMD
Meetings for the Charles River Study Club: Woodland Golf Club 1897 Washington St. Auburndale at 6:00 p.m. For reservations please call 508-875-3800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday, September 29, 2015 - Sleep Apnea: An Update on Physiology, Evaluation & Surgical Treatment, speaker Dr. Edward Lahey III.
- Tuesday, December 15, 2015
- Tuesday, April 12, 2016
Parkway/Norfolk Study Club (Bellingham, Dedham, Dunstable, Foxboro, Franklin, Harding, Hyde Park, Jamaica Plain, Medfield, Medway, Millis, Norfolk, Norwood, Plainville, Roslindale, Sharon, Walpole, West Roxbury, and Wrentham)
President - David Wolf, DDS
Vice President -
Treasurer - Urania Funteas, DMD
Trustee - Christopher N. Bissada, DDS
Upcoming Parkway/Norfolk Study Club meetings:
- Wednesday, October 21, 2015 - HIPAA/HITECH compliance
- Wednesday, December 2, 2015 - Pain Management
- Wednesday, February 24, 2016 - OSHA/Infection Control
- Wednesday, May 4, 2016 - EDIC Risk Management
All meetings are at Sky Restaurant 1369 Providence Highway Route 1 Norwood, MA
$45.00 pre-registration or $55.00 at the door.
To sign up, contact Dr. David Wolf at (508) 473-4999 or at David@DavidWolfDDS.com.
Please mail checks to: Dr. David Wolf 100 Medway Rd. Suite 203. Milford, MA 01757
For any questions contact Christopher Bissada at (781) 762-8855 or CBissada@EndodonticCare.com
MetroWest Study Club (Ashland, Boxborough, Carlisle, Framingham, Holliston, Hopkinton, Littleton, Maynard, Natick, Sherborn, Stow, Sudbury, Wayland, and Weston)
President - TBA
Vice President - Michael Putt, DMD
Secretary - John Buehler, DMD
Treasurer - Jeffrey Lowenstein, DMD
Trustee - Chris Owen, DMD
For information and to Register email: Dr. Jeffrey Lowenstein at: email@example.com. Meetings are held at Ken's Steakhouse, 95 Worcester Rd, Framingham.
- Thursday, November 12, 2015 Dr. Ramzi Sarkis -
Cracked Teeth Verve Crowne Plaza
1360 Worcester St. Natick 6:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 31, 2016
To pay by check: Make your check payable to: MetroWest Study Club and
Mail to: Jeffrey Lowenstein, DMD 326 Union Ave. Framingham, MA 01701. Please include your name, office address, office telephone number and dinner choice of chicken, fish or vegetarian.
The presentation will be limited to the first 25 dentists to sign up. There will be a waiting list for cancellations.