Beacon Hill Day
More than 100 members will take to Beacon Hill to lobby their legislators on the issues facing both dentists and dental students. In 2016, members discussed electronic health records, dental benefits plans, dental licensure, and much more!
Mark your calendars for the next Beacon Hill Day: April 5, 2017. If you aren't able to attend, but would like to get more involved in the discussion, please consider joining the Grassroots Network.
Morning Issue Briefing
Interact With Your Legislators
Beacon Hill Day Schedule
Directions and Parking
An Act Relative to Dental Service Corporations
An Act Relative to Medical Loss Ratio for Insurance Corporations
- Gives the Division of Insurance (“DOI”) oversight of dental benefit plan premiums by requiring DOI to approve such plans.
- Carriers must file rate changes and medical loss ratios with DOI.
- Instructs DOI to reject plans with excessive premiums or medical loss ratios less than 80%
An Act Relative to Graduate Education for Certain Professionals
- Creation of a Masters level equivalent provider.
- Direct supervision for dental therapy procedures; CODA dental therapy and RDH procedures – no extractions
- The provider must practice in either a federally designated dental health provider shortage area or in a federally qualified health center.
- If practicing outside of a federally qualified health center but in a shortage area, the provider will only be allowed to see 100% MassHealth patients.
- This ratio is limited to one (1) dentist supervising at most two (2) midlevel providers.
- Mandates community health workers receive oral health training.
- Mandates DPH to annually conduct CWF seminars for health boards.
- Creates a public health dental hygienist coordinator within DPH to help improve the public health dental hygienist program.