District Meetings and Events
The Merrimack Valley District has the following meetings and events scheduled. All meetings will be held at 6:00 p.m. at Salvatores, 354 Merrimack Street, Lawrence, unless otherwise indicated. For more information or to register, please contact District Chair Rajendra J. Gohel, DMD, at (978) 685-7115.
|Friday, April 8, 2016 - Half-day Program - 8:30 a.m. to noon - Oral Pathology and Infection Control in the Dental Office with speakers Mark Lerman, DMD, Director of Pathology, Tufts Dental School and Bob Burke, RN, Infection Preventionist, Boston University Dental School. 3 CEUs
Dr. Lerman will provide a review of common soft tissue disorders of the mouth. He will indicate how the general dentist can manage these problems in the office, and how and when they should be referred to a specialist.
Mr. Burke will review current best practices to prevent infections in the dental office. He will give an overview of the CDC, in order to meet BORID educational requirements.
• Learn clinical features of immune and infectious soft tissue disorders
• Form differential diagnoses based on clinical presentation and history
• Select diagnostic techniques to arrive at definitive diagnoses
• Discuss How and Why dentists want to prevent infections in the office
• Learn resources to write and monitor an infection control plan
• Learn how to keep patients safe through management of instruments, water, and the environment and waste management.