The deadline to apply for an Access to Care grant is September 1 of each year. A properly completed grant application, including all required documents, must be postmarked on or before September 1. Two complete copies of the application must be included. Funding decisions will be announced in December, and funding is for a one year only. Multi-year projects must reapply each year.
The MDS Foundation Grant Review Committee will evaluate all proposals and make recommendations for funding to the MDS Foundation Board of Directors. Considerations for grant approvals include:
- Originality, creativity, and innovation
- History of, or potential for, continuous program operations
- Community involvement and collaboration, including volunteer support
- Potential impact on the target community or audience
- Established matching funds and/or long-term funding relationships
The MDS Foundation may change these guidelines or make grants that do not fall within the range of these guidelines at its discretion.