- Formulate and recommend policies related to the daily practice of dentistry.
- Study, evaluate, and disseminate information concerning various forms of business organization of a dental practice, economic factors related to dental practice, practice management technique, and related current developments regarding dental practice.
- Develop educational and other programs to assist dentists in improved practice management and to assist component societies and other organizations in the development of such programs.
- Encourage and develop satisfactory relations with organizations representing dental hygienists, dental assistants, and dental laboratory technicians.
- Gather, formulate, and disseminate information related to auxiliary utilization, management, and employment practices.
- Encourage and develop satisfactory relationships with the various organizations representing dental hygiene, assisting, and laboratory technology.
- Monitor the effectiveness of component (district) liaison activities with dental support personnel.
- Conduct studies, make recommendations, or conduct programs, approved by the Council and the Board of Trustees, that will help satisfy statutory requirements for provision of hygiene, assisting, and laboratory services to dentists.
- Present to the Committee and the Board of Trustees candidates for the receipt of special awards or commendations in the field of dental hygiene, assisting, and laboratory technology.
- Monitor educational programs in dental hygiene, assisting, and laboratory technology, and to interact with institutions sponsoring such programs.
- Make recommendations to the Committee and the Board of Trustees related to the promotion, training, and availability of allied dental health professionals.