EMV Payment Adoption: Are You Ready?
effort to prevent credit card fraud, U.S. merchants (including dental offices)
that accept credit card payments using POS payment terminals are expected by
banks and credit card companies (Visa, MasterCard, and American Express) to
have upgraded to terminals that accept EMV chip cards by October 1, 2015.
While this deadline is not enforceable by any regulatory agencies, it should be
noted that there is a potential risk for not complying. In the past, credit
card issuers assumed liability for fraudulent charges, but beginning October 1,
any merchant NOT using an EMV-compatible terminal who experiences a security
breach involving a chip card will be liable for any fraudulent charge. However,
if the merchant has upgraded its terminals and can accept EMV chip cards, the
credit card issuer will be liable.
The Massachusetts Dental Society
strongly urges all members to upgrade to EMV payment terminals to avoid any
liability for fraud charges.
Elavon offers you a simple, cost-effective payment processing program, all backed by the highest standards of customer service. The Affinity Program partnership with Elavon allows MDS members to gain all of the advantages of this exclusive program.
This member-only program features:
- Processing solutions for all credit and debit cards, EBT, corporate, and purchasing cards
- Choose from a wide range of terminals and software with purchase and lease options
- Explore new payment solutions such as Apple Pay
- No application fee, and free monthly statements when viewed online
- No contracts or termination fees
- Access live customer service 24-hours a day/7-days a week
- Dedicated account manager
Even if you are currently using another payment processor, call Elavon for a free rate comparison. You have nothing to lose but higher fees! To begin, contact Nancy Porosky at (866) 895-3990 or Nancy.Porosky@Elavon.com.
Yes, please contact me with additional information or to set-up a free rate comparison.